Sunday 22 February 2015

New linocut tools!!!

Is there anything in the world more exciting than having a package delivered which is full of lino, inks and new carving tools!?! I must admit I have treated myself quite a lot recently, and my latest purchase has been to invest in a couple of these lovely Pfeils. My old linocut tool set has done me well, and the interchangeable blades have met all my needs so far, but unfortunately they were becoming a little blunt and did not respond well to being sharpened (I'm told the metal wasn't up to much-possibly a reflection of the price I paid). I've being working on a print of a Nuthatch as my first Pfeil project, and I have been really pleased with the results. The tools sit in the hand nicely and carve easily, although be warned, sometimes the cutting is a little too easy and can get away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment